Enhancing functional connectivity
- Building capacity of responsible agencies and Natura 2000 custodians to address landscape connectivity issues.
- Engaging local stakeholders in managing landscape connectivity.
- Secure land to develop linkage corridors.
- Manage corridors to create permeable landscape for carnivores.
Reduce Human-wildlife Conflict
- Assess the degree and responses to human-wildlife conflict, and develop methods to mitigate conflict.
- Demonstrate tools and approaches to mitigate damage to livestock and crops.
- Establish a human-wildlife incident response team to mitigate conflict.
- Demonstrate effective anti-poaching enforcement
Promoting long-term planning and action for bear and wolf conservation
- Understanding the current conservation status of bear and wolf in project area.
- Determine the impacts of the forestry and hunting sector plans on the conservation status of the bear and wolf.
- Use GIS modelling to identify priority areas and preferred habitats of the target species and their prey confirmed.
- Develop Regional Species Action Plans for bear and wolf to be used to inform forestry and hunting plans, Natura 2000 site management plans and national action plans for bear and wolf.
Engaging local people and other stakeholders in the conservation of bear and wolf.
- Agreements in place with local communities and other key stakeholders for their collaborationwith the project’s objectives.
- Project results disseminated and shared with local communities and other key stakeholdersthrough range of communications and website.
- Resistance and negative attitude and behaviour of stakeholders towards conservation of bear and wolf will be changed to approval for project objectives.